By Bronwyn Hill, ND —
Over the last decade, the number of Canadians seeking “Alternative Medicine” has dramatically increased. Our conventional healthcare system is under more strain than ever – and it is becoming increasingly evident that more sustainable healthcare options are needed. Our health care needs have also changed in recent years – chronic diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, allergies and cancer are still on the rise. We are also more aware of the environmental causes of illness, and the increasing numbers of people with multiple food “sensitivities” among other diet related health concerns.
We are also undeniably more aware and interested in our health than ever – the numerous television shows, magazines, blogs, and businesses catering to the health & wellness industry are all testaments to this positive change.
“Alternative Medicine” is in many ways at the heart of all of these changes. “Alternative Medicine” is an umbrella term that encompasses many different practices and techniques. From Naturopathic Medicine to yoga, and Osteopathy to acupuncture – the “alternative” options are diverse and unique.
Naturopathic Medicine is continuing to emerge as a leading profession in the world of “Alternative Medicine”. Naturopathic Doctors are regulated health care professionals with extensive training in the art & science of medical diagnosis and the use of natural therapeutics. Naturopathic medicine seeks to stimulate the innate healing power of the body and eliminate the underlying causes of disease. It is a distinct primary health care system that marries scientific knowledge with traditional and evidence-based natural forms of medicine. Naturopathic doctors take a holistic approach to each individual in order to determine and address the root cause of imbalance, ultimately improving your quality of life and making you a more informed participant in your health!
Consider Naturopathic Medicine if you want:
* pain relief from a chronic or acute condition.
* advice from a well-trained specialist in natural therapies.
* to take active steps to get and stay healthy.
* to make an informed decision about your health and health care.
* natural therapies that are effective and safely complement your current conventional medical treatment for even better results.
* to explore your health care options.
* clarity around contradictory health claims.
* to ensure the vitamins and supplements you take are right for you.
* answers to vague complaints for which you don’t want to see a medical doctor or take drugs to treat.
* to understand the long-term side effects of drugs.
* to solve an uncommon health problem that has left specialists scratching their heads.
* relief from a drug treatment that has let you feeling worse than before.
* a natural health program customized and tailored just for you.